Corporate Social Responsibility
Daoust is a family-sized company. We attach paramount importance to social values through our ethical commitment to all employment participants.
Our priority areas
Our CSR department is an important spokesperson for our values. Our commitment is built around the following areas: managing the diversity and ecology aspects and the support and coaching projects for job seekers in partnership with the public and non-commercial sector. This proactive strategy has led our company towards stable and sustainable growth of its activities.
For many years, Daoust has been concerned about the environment and has tried to reduce its carbon footprint. This is why we obtained for our Brussels headquarters:
- In 2022, the CO2 Neutral label certified by Co2 Logic and Vinçotte wich is awarded to organisations that calculate, reduce and offset their climate impact.
- In 2015, the “Entreprise Ecodynamique” label wich was an official recognition in the Brussels-Capital Region for companies setting up internal environmental management.
Our “Green” performances for our headquarters in Brussels
- Energy: 100% of our energy is green.
- CO2: 32% lower emissions than the average Belgian and French company in the service sector.
- Building energy consumption per m2: 6 times lower than the average for buildings in the same category.
Our other concrete actions
- Offsetting 100% of our emissions: All our CO2 emissions from the headquarter are offset by supporting a project in Rwanda that improves the lives of hundreds of Rwandan families by giving them access to drinking water. This not only protects the health of these families but also hundreds of hectares of forest!
- Responsible purchasing: We favour the green aspect in all our purchases: reconditioned computer equipment, local suppliers, recycled paper, reusable bags, etc.
- Second life for our multimedia equipment: Thanks to our partnerships with aSmartWorld and Digital For Youth, all our computers, screens and smartphones are recovered instead of being thrown away
- Paperless: Thanks to our e-tools, Paperless JobCenters and our customers’ awareness of electronic service vouchers, we are reducing our paper use as much as possible.
Our Daoust Diversity charter embodies our concern for diversity in recruitment and employment. Our entire workforce integrates diversity into their daily work. Daoust selects candidates in a non-discriminatory manner, based exclusively on their skills.
- Daoust is concerned with a healthy and proactive management of diversity in the recruitment, employment and monitoring of all its stakeholders: customers, internal employees, workers (temporary workers and housekeepers), and all successful candidates in Interim, Titres-Services, Selection and supported in Outplacement and Jobcoaching.
- The company strives to respect the principles of neutrality and non-discrimination in all its forms and this, in relation to criteria such as sex, age, origin, skin colour, sexual orientation, disability and religious or philosophical conviction.
- Daoust is convinced that every person should have the same opportunities in the job market when looking for a job and throughout their career, regardless of their origin, characteristics or particularities.
- All our employees are committed to complying with our Diversity Charter and have been trained to select the best candidates based solely on the skills required for the job.
- We also ask our customer users to respect these valuesin their contacts with our employees and temporary workers.
- Our quality guarantees: We obtained the label for diversity from the Flemish Region (2008), as well as the label for the diversity of the Brussels Region (2013-2018).
Supporting job seekers
In partnership with the public and non-profit sectors, we regularly develop support and coaching projects for job seekers.
- Exaris: social temp company founded by Daoust in partnership with Actiris and Febecoop.
- Daoust Jobcoaching: In partnership with Actiris, Forem and VDAB, Daoust has launched various coaching projects for job seekers. These projects aim to stimulate job search and career guidance. Thanks to the work of the regional employment agencies, most of this guidance and support is free.